Monday, April 23, 2012

I Make Things

That is, I make things from other people's patterns. At least now, at least for the most part. I've always had a hard time following directions, so I never seem to do anything to the letter.

I taught myself how to crochet in January 2012, and my latest thing is doilies. Lovely, sweet, little lace doilies. It's a challenge for me because I'm not a patient person, and while crochet generally works up relatively quickly, there are often many details to crochet doilies... so this is a good exercise for me.  Last week, I made the Birthday Doily by Glor.


 I so loved making this and for my second real attempt at a doily, I'm very pleased with how it came out. I hope to get enough practice with these that someday, I'll be able to design my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment